- Heat a pan over high heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon edges are brown and starting to crisp. Drain bacon grease leaving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, and kimchi. Sauté/stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until kimchi is softly cooked with bacon.
- Mix in gochugaru, brown sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Add rice. Stir fry about 3 minutes. Keep tossing until all rice is coated evenly with the kimchi and bacon mix. Stir in the green onion and remove from the heat.
- Fry eggs in melted butter and place atop fried rice.
If desired, garnish with sesame seeds, sesame oil and chopped green onion.