Bacon RisottoMarch 22, 2023
Triple Threat Bacon BurgersMarch 22, 2023
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- 24 oz Ground beef
- 8 Slices Daily’s® Original Extra Thick-Cut Bacon (bacon fat reserved)
- 4 each Hamburger rolls, split
- 4 each American or Cheddar cheese slices
- 4-8 each Bibb lettuce leaves
- 8 each Slices vine ripe tomatoes
For the burger sauce
- 6 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Sweet pickle relish
- Optional Bacon fat
- To taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Form ground beef into 4 patties, about 6 ounces each, slightly wider than the buns. Season pepper on both sides. Wrap patties with 2 strips of Daily’s® Original Extra Thick Cut Bacon... secure with toothpicks as needed. Set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet (or griddle) over high heat. Place bacon wrapped burger patties and cook, turning occasionally, until crusted. (Approx. 5-6 minutes cook time on each side – total).
- Top with cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted and burgers register 135 degrees for medium or 145 degrees for medium well. Transfer to a large plate.
- Brush hamburger rolls on inside surfaces with rendered bacon fat and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add burger buns and toast until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Spread burger sauce on both sides of burger buns. Place patties on each bottom bun. Top with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and bun tops.
To make the burger sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. OPTIONAL: For extra bacon flavor, stir in 2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat.