Bacon Wrapped PlantainsMarch 21, 2023
Bacon Brussels SproutsMarch 21, 2023
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
- 24 oz Daily’s® Original Extra Thick Cut Bacon, diced
- 3 Each Russet potato, cubed
- 1 Each Sweet onion, julienne (cut into strips)
- 3⁄4 tsp Garlic powder
- To Taste Kosher or sea salt
- To Taste Cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Each Fresh eggs, x large
- 6 Tbsp Cold water
- 3⁄4 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 Each Whole grain rolls or bread
- 3 Tbsp Salted butter
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until starting to crisp (or to desired doneness). Remove from pan and reserve. (Remove grease.)
- In large bowl... toss potatoes, onions, garlic powder, olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Using the bacon skillet... toss in potato mixture. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add bacon back to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from pan; plate and cover to keep warm. (Remove all but 1 Tbsp. of grease from skillet.)
- In small bowl beat eggs and water.
- Over low heat add eggs and cook slowly. Stirring while cooking to scramble. When eggs are almost completely cooked, sprinkle with 1⁄2 of the cheese, turn off heat and cover.
- Toast rolls or bread, and butter.
- Divide eggs & potato mixture between 6 bowls. Garnish with cheese and additional bacon pieces.