Bacon Avocado ToastMarch 22, 2023
Honey Jalapeño Glazed BaconMarch 22, 2023
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
- 12 oz. Daily’s® Honey Cured Thick Cut Bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 Each Sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 Each Jalapeno, diced
- 4 Each Fresh Garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz Dark Mexican lager (beer)
- 4 Cans Pinto beans (15oz each), rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1⁄2 Each Fresh Lime
- 1⁄4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Cook bacon in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until crispy, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a separate plate. Set aside.
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of the leftover bacon grease, add and saute the onion and jalapeno until tender.
- Add the garlic, and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the beer, beans, brown sugar, oregano, chili powder, salt and cumin, and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the beans reach a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add in 3⁄4 of the cooked bacon. Stir and continue simmering uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Serve the beans topped with fresh cilantro and additional bacon pieces.