Bacon Brussels SproutsMarch 21, 2023
Bacon Apple SlawMarch 21, 2023
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
- 5 Each White potatoes (cubed) Peeling is optional
- 16 oz Daily’s Premium Original Stack Pack Bacon (cut into 1” pieces)
- 4 Tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- 1 Each Sweet onion (chopped)
- 2 Each Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄4 Cup Flour (All Purpose)
- 2 Cups Light (or Heavy) Cream
- 3 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3⁄4 Cup Sour cream
- 1 tsp Kosher or sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 tsp Black pepper (to taste)
- 4 Each Green onions (optional)
- Place cubed potatoes into a stockpot and completely cover with 1" of water. Season with 1⁄2 tsp salt and cook until potatoes pierce easily with a knife then drain. (approx. 10-12 min)
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon in a separate pan / pot until crispy then transfer to a plate, reserving 1 Tbsp bacon fat (grease).
- Add butter, chopped onions, and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Add flour... stirring with a whisk to coat evenly. Slowly add chicken stock and cream, whisking constantly then bring to a soft boil.
- Add drained potatoes and season soup with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper or season to taste. Blend with stick blender, or light “mash” with whisk / potato masher.
- Stir in 3/4 cup sour cream, and approximately 75% of the shredded cheese and crisp bacon. Reserving the rest for garnish / toppings).
- Return to a simmer. Remove from heat. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. (soup will last in refrigerator for 5 – 7 days)